Monday, July 16, 2007

Rave(ing) Reviews


Pictured above are the 2 Johns reveiving some "constructive" criticism prior to the start of Saturday's race. I couldn't quite decipher all of it, but I think we need to talk more/less about Freds, our shchtick has been done before, we are/aren't good, I should train 12 hours per week, people who live in Cincinnati are pretenders to world that is amateur (and recently retired professional) bike racing, and I will ride you into the ground. The only thing I know for sure is that they did in fact drop me from the break then lap the field. I did end up 6th though, with Eric taking 3rd.


More advice moments befor the gun. I think it continued after race start, but all I could hear were my loose sleeves flapping in the breeze.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

That's whatcha get for being celebrities...how about some commentary on TdF 2007? Levi got penalized for receiving some "help" from the team car in Stage 8. How about that?

Peggy said...

You know, you two could use a proofreader.

Anonymous said...

Get it straight Johns, my question/idea for discussion was "why are there so many racers at Ault Park for zero money, and relatively few racers for a nice purse like today?"

- KA

John said...

KA

True, that was your queston/idea, and it is valid. Why do 50 guys show for the Wednesday Worlds of Ault Park and 18 come to a race with $750? I think it's because people know it's easier to sit it at Ault Park.

Good race Saturday by the way.

JG

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it might not have been hard to sit in at Woodlawn if there was a nice field of 70+ riders...

- KA